What is anal swab?
Anal swab test is a kind of inspection method which mainly aims at the anus, and whether there are bacteria, viruses and parasites in the tissues around the anus. The best time for examination is in the morning and after a nap, before defecation and bathing. The main method of examination is to apply cotton swabs soaked in normal saline around the anus, and extract the exfoliated cells, as well as various bacteria or parasites, on the swabs. After effective testing, we can determine whether there is parasite infection, and the occurrence of diseases caused by various bacteria and live viruses. At the same time, we can also carry out the corresponding exfoliative cytology examination. Anal cross method can effectively detect a variety of intestinal parasitic infectious diseases, vaginitis and anal eczema and other diseases, especially for the sexually transmitted diseases represented by condyloma acuminatum.
This method is designed according to the characteristics of female pinworm laying eggs around human anus and perineum skin, rupture of taeniasis pregnant segment from anus or active escape process, and egg adhesion to skin around anus.
Generally, there is no unsuitable population, but patients who have taken anti Ascaris drugs and other drugs may affect the examination results. Therefore, it is forbidden to check the patients with a history of taking drugs intentionally in the near future.
Do not take anti parasite drugs before examination, so as not to affect the results;
Generally in the morning after waking up or after a nap, before defecation, before bathing, if the first examination is negative, can continue to check for 2 ~ 3 days.
There are two sampling methods for anal swab, one is sampling swab method, the other is transparent glue law enforcement.
(1) First, soak the swab in normal saline, and then squeeze the excess saline,
(2) Swab was used to wipe the skin around the anus and perineum;
(3) Then put the swab into a test tube filled with saturated salt water or a small bottle of penicillin, and stir thoroughly to make the eggs elute in the brine,
(4) Quickly lift the swab, squeeze the salt water from the inner wall of the sampling tube and discard it
(5) Then add saturated salt water to the pipe orifice, and check it according to the saturated salt water floating polymerization method
(6) The swab used to wipe the skin around the anus can also be put into a test tube filled with clear water. After full immersion, the swab can be lifted to squeeze the water out of the tube wall and discarded. The test tube should be kept for 10 minutes or centrifuged, and the supernatant was removed for microscopic examination.
(1) Cut a 6 cm long segment with 1.0-1.8 cm wide cellophane tape, fold the adhesive surface about 0.4 cm (easy to open), and then stick it on a clean glass slide.
(2) One end of the slide is labeled with the name or number of the subject
(3) Remove the adhesive tape during the examination, and glue the skin around the anus with adhesive surface before defecation in the morning,
(4) Then the adhesive tape was reset and pasted on the slide for microscopic examination
(5) If there are more bubbles under the adhesive tape, remove the adhesive tape, add a drop of normal saline or xylene, cover the cuticle, and then conduct microscopic examination
(1) Related diseases: taeniasis bovis, perianal eczema, simple vulvitis, pinworm disease, tapeworm disease, trichomonal vaginitis, ascaris intestinal obstruction, pinworm vaginitis and poliomyelitis
(2) Related symptoms: intestinal Ascaris infection, Ascaris lumbricoides infection, Ascaris lumbricoides infection in the biliary tract, the appearance of the ulcer is worm like, and the worm biting sensation in the urethra or crawling sensation in the vagina
What are the methods and characteristics of DNA flocking swabs methods and characteristics of DNA flocking swabs ? Let’s take a look at the following
The top of DNA flocking swab is nylon fiber structure. Nylon fiber is attached to the surface of medical ABS plastic rod by electrostatic field in order to form a brush like layer. The layers are fully parallel and perpendicular to the surface of internal rod. DNA is collected through this brush head. At present, huachenyang technology flocking swab has obtained the United States EUA, and obtained the export right in many countries.
Sample collection process: the unique structure at the top of the flocking swab can greatly increase the number of samples collected.
Sample elution process: brush layer structure can release almost all the collected samples.
Due to the internal structure of the top filament winding of the traditional cotton swab, the sample will be dispersed and retained in the fiber during sampling, resulting in lower DNA precipitation efficiency and even false negative test results.
Because of the unique structure of the top of the flocking swab, it can almost completely extract and precipitate a small amount of DNA, so the flocking swab has more obvious advantages in the collection of trace DNA.
(1) Through the directional wiping effect of brush fiber layer, the cell samples can be completely captured;
(2) Because the cell samples are concentrated near the surface of brush fibers, more than 95% of the samples can be released.
(3) Capillary motion between nylon fibers at the top of the flocking swab creates a strong hydraulic pressure for absorbing liquid or cellular samples.
(1) First of all, open the swab package and take out the swab carefully. Pay attention not to touch anything before sampling to avoid contamination
(2) The swab is inserted into the part to be sampled, and the sample is taken by staying, rotating or wiping
(3) Take out the swab gently. Generally, put the swab into the virus sampling tube, break it at the broken place, discard the end of the swab, tighten the cover, and send it for inspection as soon as possible.
What is a throat swab? Novel coronavirus nucleic acid testing five things you need to know
With the repeated epidemic situation, nucleic acid detection report and green code has become an indispensable pass for people. Nucleic acid testing and throat swabs seem to be the most medical devices we’ve heard about this year. We all know where to do nucleic acid testing, but what actually happens during the accounting test? What does it mean if the test results are negative? If you haven’t done nucleic acid testing, you might as well take a look at this article. This article will popularize five things about nucleic acid detection.
Throat swab is divided into nasopharynx swab and oropharyngeal swab.
(1) Nasopharynx swab is a sampling tool for extracting nasopharyngeal epithelial cells and secretions. The sampling method is as follows: sterilized nasal swab is used to go deep into the nasal cavity and reach the nasopharynx. Secretions and nasopharynx epithelial cells are extracted by rotating or wiping, and then the nasal swab with secretions is put into the virus sampling tube, and then the pathogen is detected.
Note: our bodies are not used to this movement. On the one hand, it can activate the lacrimal reflex, which means that if operated correctly, it will stimulate tears. Since the swab also touches the back of the throat, it may also trigger the vomiting reflex.
（2） The oropharynx swab is a sampling tool for extracting mucous cells and secretion of oropharynx. The sampling method is as follows: use sterilized throat swab and other articles to go deep into the pharynx, pass through the root of the tongue to the posterior pharyngeal wall, tonsillar recess, side wall, etc., repeatedly wipe left and right for 2-3 times, and gently take out the swab. The swabs stained with mucosal cells and secretions are then put into the virus sampling tube. The pathogen was detected.
Note: when sampling oropharyngeal swab, the patient should open his mouth as much as possible, and the medical staff should observe the pharynx repeatedly before sampling. In order to avoid affecting the test results, throat swab samples of bacterial culture should be taken before taking antibiotics as far as possible. Oropharyngeal swabs should be sampled before eating, and gargle before sampling. When sampling and taking out swabs, avoid touching the tongue, pituitary, oral mucosa and saliva.
Saliva is another type of specimen being explored, and preliminary data do look promising. But we are still waiting for larger studies to confirm these preliminary findings. In addition to nucleic acid detection of viral genetic material, it can also be used for antigen detection, which can detect the reaction of virus protein or immune system to invaders. Although antigen testing is faster, they are also much more sensitive than nucleic acid testing. Therefore, even if positive antigen testing is beneficial, negative results need to be confirmed by more sensitive accounting tests.
At present, the basic provincial top three hospitals have the ability of nucleic acid detection, and each city also has a designated hospital to do. You can register and make an appointment through the hospital’s official website. Generally, nucleic acid tests are carried out in the morning, and the results can be obtained the next day.
This is a common problem and it is important to note that negative test results may occur in asymptomatic patients at the initial stage of infection. Repeated testing of this individual is likely to be positive because the number of viruses in their bodies has increased to detectable levels. If your doctor thinks the suspicion index for the new coronavirus is high, they may repeat the test to confirm the preliminary results.
If the nucleic acid test is negative, the infection of new coronavirus can not be completely ruled out. New coronavirus mainly invades the lung mucosa, but relatively less on the upper respiratory tract mucosa. Therefore, it has been found that in some patients, the nucleic acid test of throat swab is negative once, twice or even three times, but it is not positive until the fourth time or sputum examination. According to the epidemiological history, if there is a close contact history with new coronavirus pneumonia, even if it is negative once or twice, we should be highly vigilant. It can be repeated, and sputum samples can be taken for nucleic acid detection. Therefore, if the result is negative, it needs to be tested again. If the measurement is negative for several times, the risk can be excluded.
Advantages of flocking swabs
(1) International medical paper plastic bags (made of medical dialysis paper) are adopted;
(2) Irradiation sterilization to ensure sterility;
(3) Each set of independent packaging in the large packing box is easy to use;
(4) Different preservation solution and sampling tube (bacteria, virus, mycoplasma, chlamydia) were selected for different specimen types
(1) Flocking swabs are harmless to organisms and can increase the collection and release of specimens to the greatest extent;
(2) A large number of clinical trials have shown that nylon flocked swabs have better collection and transportation effect on clinical microbial specimens than ordinary sterile cotton swabs. This is especially true for those specimens that can not be submitted for examination in time and placed for too long.
(1) The unique jet implant nylon fiber technology increases the collection and release of specimens;
(2) The swab is 150 mm long and has a unique breakable design on the plastic rod;
(3) Fluff texture can collect more target analytes;
(4) There is no residual sample, so the process of specimen processing is accelerated;
(5) The swab is a sterile swab with independent package
Advantages of flocking swabs
Where can the virus sampling tube be used
Maybe in the past, virus sampling tubes were not known to many people. But this year, fueled by the epidemic, the virus sampling tube became a “big star.”
For example, if we go to do nucleic acid testing, or pass through the hospital’s laboratory in the hospital, we will see many nurses using virus sampling tubes to do nucleic acid testing or blood sampling testing for us. This year the government standardized the virus sampling tube. The quality of the virus sampling tube has not only improved a lot, but also has a wide range of uses and convenient applications. So where can the virus sampling tube be used or can it be widely used?
Virus sampling tubes can be used for the monitoring and sampling of infectious pathogenic microorganisms by disease control departments and clinical departments.
It is suitable for the detection and sampling of influenza viruses (including general influenza, highly pathogenic avian influenza, A H1N1 influenza virus, etc.), hand, foot and mouth virus, new crown virus, measles and rubella and other types of viruses. The virus sampling tube can also be used for the detection and sampling of mycoplasma, chlamydia and ureaplasma.
Virus sampling tube fluid can be used for transportation and preservation of nasopharyngeal swabs or other tissue specimens from specific locations. (Usually transported from the sampling point to the testing laboratory for polymerase chain reaction extraction or testing)
Virus sampling tubes are not only versatile,
but the product advantages of disposable virus sampling tubes are far more than these. The virus sampling tube is usually matched with a disposable flocking swab. From the appearance point of view, the flocking swab is white and soft. Using this soft brush during the sampling process will make the user feel free of foreign bodies and suitable for different parts.
The person who sampled. In addition, the flocking swab will be designed with a breaking point that matches the length of the sampling tube and the natural cavity of the human body.
It is not only convenient for sampling but also for transportation of specimens.
Since the establishment of the company, Shenzhen Huachenyang Technology Co., Ltd. has always insisted on producing high-quality medical supplies.
In order to better help medical staff and inspectors,
and minimize medical accidents during the process of collecting virus samples and testing Test the effect.
Advantages of flocking swabs
Have you heard of flocking sampling swabs? Maybe you have heard of cotton swabs. Here is a discussion about what is flocking swab and what are the advantages of flocking swab?
Let me first tell you what are the advantages of flocking swabs, and how is it better than cotton swabs?
Current flocking swabs generally use the existing technology “spraying technology”, which uses electrostatic charges to vertically attach millions of nylon fibers to the handle head for medical use during the flocking process. Vertical nylon fibers are similar to soft brushes. Using this soft brush during the sampling process will make the user feel free of foreign body. At the same time, the flocking swabs used in different parts have different breaking points, and the different thicknesses of the rods make the softness very different. For example, a nasal swab has a thinner and softer upper shaft and a longer break point.
The capillary action between the nylon fiber bundles promotes the strong hydraulic absorption of the liquid sample and keeps the sample on the surface, making the elution easier. However, most of the samples collected by traditional cotton swabs are still intercepted in the fiber matrix of the head, which is not easy to release or the release amount is small. It has been shown that flocked swabs can release up to 95% of samples, compared to standard fiber tip swabs that can release 25%. If the sample size is particularly small, the use of flocking swabs is especially important.
In order to limit the damage to the sample and improve the detection accuracy, the cotton swab is made of completely inert material. Therefore, flocking swabs have become the ideal and best choice for PCR. Therefore, for scientists using PCR technology, the new flocking swab is PCR compatible and does not contain RNase and DNase.
Seeing this, would you be very curious about the advantages of flocking swabs, but how does it look different from cotton swabs or cotton swabs? In this way, let’s first understand what flocking is
Flocking refers to the process of applying multi-length fibers to the surface of the adhesive coating. It is basically the same as the cotton swab except for the material. It can also be said that the flocking is adhered to the head of the cotton swab. It is a flocking swab, but it is different from cotton swabs in that it is a disposable sampling swab composed of nylon short fiber fluff head + ABS plastic rod. It is mainly used for sampling of human body’s natural cavities (such as oral cavity, nasal cavity, throat and vagina, etc.) and laboratory testing.
(1) Swabs using spray densely planted nylon fiber technology.
(2) According to different analysis items, there are soft or brush texture swabs, which have reached the maximum collection volume.
(3) Disposable aseptic injection swab rod with breaking point.
(4) The flocking swab technology improves the adsorption/release of the specimen and improves the sensitivity of analysis
(5) There is no sample retention, which indicates that specimens can be transferred faster and less.
Why use flocking swabs?
Maybe you have such a question in your mind, why use flocking sampling swabs? After reading this article, you may know the answer
In our conventional fiber swabs, the sample will be intercepted by the gap in the fiber mass, so that the sample will be permeated, diluted and intercepted in the fiber. Results in slower acquisition and slower release.
The nylon flocking swab has excellent sample collection and release capacity, with a release rate of more than 80%.
Generally speaking, the sampling time of flocking swabs is 3-5 seconds, while that of cotton swabs is 15-120 seconds, or even longer. This in the diagnosis process, caused serious pressure on the staff. Only faster sample extraction can complete the collection and analysis more efficiently.
The characteristics of huachenyang flocking swabs were as follows
(1) The swab was made by spraying dense nylon fiber technology.
(2) According to the analysis items, there are soft or brush like swabs, which have reached the maximum collection amount.
(3) Disposable sterile injection swab with break point.
(4) Flocking swab technology can improve the adsorption / release amount of samples and improve the sensitivity of analysis
(5) No sample rejection indicates that the specimen can be delivered faster and less.
A nylon brush is more flexible for collecting cells. The capillary interaction between nylon fibers enhances the loading capacity of water-based samples, and the samples are concentrated on the surface of the swab, which is easier to elute. Nylon flocking swab can absorb and release more samples.
What material can’t be used for throat swab?
We all know that the material of medical swabs has always been the focus of attention. After all, medical swabs are directly in contact with the skin. It’s OK to contact the skin with alcohol for disinfection. It’s OK. But what about those that directly contact the organs? For example, the throat swab we are most familiar with during the epidemic.
We know that the throat swab is in direct contact with the sampling site, and the material of the sampling head is closely related to the subsequent detection.
Calcium alginate sponge or wooden stick swab (including bamboo stick) can not be used for sampling swab head, and cotton products can not be used for swab head, because cotton fiber has strong adsorption capacity for protein, and it is not easy to elute into the subsequent preservation solution; while wooden stick or bamboo stick containing calcium alginate and wood components will absorb protein in the preservation solution after being broken, and even the subsequent PCR will be carried out The reaction has inhibitory effect. It is not recommended to use natural fibers such as cotton or nylon, because the poor water absorption of nylon fibers (similar to toothbrush heads) will lead to insufficient sampling amount and affect the initial detection rate.
Do not use calcium alginate sponge for throat swab material! Do not use calcium alginate sponge for throat swab material! Do not use calcium alginate sponge for throat swab material!
In a word, the sampling swab should ensure the sampling amount and release amount. The sampling swab head should be made of PE synthetic fiber or artificial fiber. The material of swab head is recommended to use synthetic fiber such as PE fiber, polyester fiber, polypropylene fiber, etc. The selected material should not have substances that affect the subsequent detection.
Virus swab specimen collection method:
We all know that the method of collecting virus swab specimens is basically to use the swab to go to the place or site infected by the virus to sample the virus, and then put the virus containing the preservation solution without touching other places. Inside the sampling tube for subsequent virus detection. So basically the soup is changed without changing the medicine. Take throat swabs and nasal swabs for detecting the new coronavirus as examples.
Inform the patient of the examination purpose, collection method, and collection time. It is best to collect specimens before treatment with antibacterial drugs.
Collect secretions from the pharynx or tonsils for bacterial culture or virus isolation to assist clinical diagnosis and treatment.
Disposable sampling swabs, virus sampling tubes, tongue depressors and biological bags
(1). Ask the patient to sit down, tilt his head back, open his mouth and make a “Ah~” sound
(2) The sampler fixes the patient’s tongue with a tongue depressor, and uses a disposable sampling swab to cross the root of the tongue to the posterior pharynx, tonsil recess, side wall, etc.
(3). Wipe 3~5 times repeatedly to collect mucosal cells or sputum
(4). Take out the swab gently to avoid touching the tongue, pendulum body, oral mucosa and saliva
(5). Put the swab gently and vertically into the virus sampling tube, break off the tail of the swab, and discard the tail so that it is completely placed in the tube, taking care that the swab cannot touch the tube wall.
(6). Tighten the cap of the tube, make a mark, and put it in a biosafety bag and seal it.
(7). Send to the laboratory for testing in time. If there is no way to send for testing in time, it should be stored at low temperature.
(1). Ask the patient to sit down, tilt his head slightly back, and remove the secretions from the anterior nostril;
(2). Measure the distance from the nostril to the root of the ear with a swab and mark with your finger
(3). Gently insert the nasal swab into the nostril until the marked position or stop when there is a sense of obstruction, let the swab stay in the nose for 15-30 seconds, and then gently rotate it 3 times.
(4). Slowly withdraw the nasal swab, and quickly put it into the virus sampling tube, then break the swab, cut off its tail, and place it completely in the tube.
(5). Tighten the cap of the tube, mark it, and put it in a biosafety bag and seal it.
(6). If you need to collect from two nostrils, one swab should be used separately.
(7). Send to the laboratory for testing in time. If there is no way to send for testing in time, it should be stored at low temperature.
Nasal swab manufacturer:
Huachenyang mainly deals in samplers, samplers, sampling swabs, flocking swabs and other products, integrating R&D, production and sales. Since the establishment of the company, the company has been adhering to the concepts of independence, self-reliance, pioneering and innovation, continuously introducing new technologies and actively researching and developing new products. To strengthen our quality management, we continue to improve product lines, improve quality, and improve service systems to create a corporate brand image with good reputation and build a strategic cooperation platform at home and abroad in various fields. We make every effort to create a good corporate culture and team culture, provide rich learning and development opportunities, attach importance to improving personal career space and corporate value, and strive to create a culture and emotional corporate environment.
Nasal swabs are mainly used to sample the nose and nasopharynx for influenza, swine flu, avian flu, hand-foot-mouth respiratory and enterovirus and nucleic acid detection.
① The sampling object should be patients with fever ≥ 38℃ within 3 days of onset
② The capacity of the sampling tube should be about 10mL, not too large, so as not to affect the post-processing of the specimen.
③It is best to use an extended nasopharyngeal swab, about 75mm~80mm, which is convenient for sampling
④.The head of the nasopharyngeal swab should be made as small as possible.
So as not to cause discomfort to the patient during sampling
⑤. Do not use too much solution in the sampling tube,
so as not to dilute the sample and affect the post-processing of the sample
⑥ If necessary, two nasal swabs can be taken as parallel samples.
⑦. The collected specimens should preferably be stored in the refrigerator, and transported to the laboratory or a place where they can be inspected in a refrigerator within 24 hours.
⑧. If it cannot be sent to the laboratory for testing in time, it needs to be stored at -70°C.
Nasal swab manufacturer